Home to the National Collection of Modern Art in the North, Tate Liverpool is one of the most popular galleries outside London. The collection is displayed in a former warehouse in Albert Dock and the fourth floor offers spectacular views across the Mersey. If you’re planning a trip to Liverpool, it’s definitely worth a visit and there are some great restaurants nearby. Here are ten of the best:
– Alma de Cuba – Enjoy the vibrant flavours of Cuba and Latin America in a stunning converted church.
– CAU – Craving steak? Head to CAU for delicious Argentinean beef, empanadas and swordfish carpaccio.
– Panoramic Restaurant 34 – Fantastic food, slick service, and unrivalled views of the Liverpool skyline.
– Miss Kitty’s – Snack on dim sum, Peking duck and katsu curry at this not-so-hidden Fleet Street gem.
– Slim’s Pork Chop Express – Swing by Slim’s for brunch or to try their British take on American BBQ.
– Camp and Furnace – A top spot for a Sunday roast. Save room for their indulgent sticky toffee pudding.
– Maray – Seasonal small plates and cocktails in a laid-back setting. Lots of choice for vegetarians!
– Bem Brasil – Carnivores will love this Brazilian churrascaria where grilled meats are carved tableside.
– Circo – A circus-themed bar that offers cocktails, afternoon tea and cabaret dinner shows.
– Malmaison Brasserie – Enjoy steak frites, fritto misto and more at this chic hotel brasserie in Princes Dock.
For more inspiration, try a search on OpenTable or ask one of our restaurant experts on Facebook or twitter. If there’s somewhere you would like us to cover in our next guide, let us know in the comments!