Love it or loathe it, Oxford Street is one of the busiest and most famous streets in London. Stretching from Tottenham Court Road to Marble Arch, it’s home to over 300 shops and attracts around half a million visitors every day. So where should you eat once you’ve shopped until you dropped? From budget to blow-out, here are some of the best restaurants nearby.
Glitz, glamour and gastronomy
- Berners Tavern – Enjoy fine wine and Jason Atherton’s classic British menu in stunning surroundings.
- Maze Grill – Gordon Ramsay’s Mayfair grill serves rare breed steaks cooked on a Josper charcoal grill.
- Aqua Kyoto – Escape the busy streets and enjoy Japanese dishes and drinks on Aqua’s roof terrace.
- Hakkasan – Splash out on cocktails and dim sum at this award-winning modern Chinese restaurant.
- Roka – Sip sake whilst grazing on expertly prepared sushi, tempura, and dishes from the robata grill.
- La Rampa – Chill out with classic Cuban cocktails, live music, and Latin American inspired sharing plates.
- Senor Ceviche – Sample Peruvian BBQ, ceviche and pisco cocktails at this colourful Kingly Court fave.
- Goodman – This buzzy steakhouse just off Regent Street serves some of the best beef in town.
- Roti Chai – Modern Indian cooking at its finest, just a stone’s throw from Selfridges.
- The Wigmore – A modern British tavern famous for its indulgent three cheese and mustard toastie.
Good food, great wine
- The Italian Greyhound – Pop in for a spritz or glass of wine and snack on pasta and pizzette.
- 28-50 – With a bistro-style menu and over 30 wines by the glass, this is an ideal place to escape the crowds.
- Comptoir Café & Wine – Café by day, wine bar by night with over 2000 bottles to choose from.
- Harry’s Bar – This glamorous Italian restaurant is perfect for date night or post-shopping cocktails.
- The Riding House Café – Take a detour into Fitzrovia for brunch or a light lunch perched at the bar.
- Kanishka – Pop in for lunch or treat yourself to a tasting menu at Atul Kochhar’s Mayfair restaurant.
- Cocochan – Enjoy pan-Asian dishes and lunchtime bento boxes at this stylish restaurant near Selfridges.
- House of Ho – An impressive four storey townhouse in Fitzrovia serving contemporary Vietnamese food.
- Kikuchi – This hidden gem gets rave reviews from OpenTable diners. Expect superb sushi and sashimi.
- Delamina – Discover the flavours of the Eastern Mediterranean at this popular Marylebone eatery.
- Pizza Pilgrims – Stroll down Dean Street for some of London’s finest pizza and Nutellamisu for dessert.
- The Mayfair Chippy – First-class fish and chips, plus comfort food like shepherd’s pie and steak and chips.
- Inamo – Kids can use the interactive tables to play games and order dishes from pan-Asian menu.
- Yalla Yalla – Little foodies will love the mezze dishes and home-made lemonade at this Lebanese gem.
- Dolly’s at Selfridges – Treat the family to a slice of cake or a cream tea at this Art Deco-inspired café.
- Plants by Deliciously Ella – Refuel with plant-based plates and matcha lattes at this all-day cafe.
- Bond Street Kitchen – Head to Fenwick’s second floor for a light lunch or afternoon tea.
- Ping Pong – Drop in for dim sum, cocktails, and steamed buns stuffed with tofu or crispy duck.
- Obica – This Soho mozzarella bar offers a full Italian menu, including excellent pizza, salads and salumi.
- MEATliquor – Roll up your sleeves for wings, burgers, and loaded fries, all served until late.
There are lots more delicious options in Soho, Mayfair and beyond – depending on how far you’re willing to walk. Try a search on OpenTable for more inspiration.
Updated December 2021.