If you’re planning a trip to Edinburgh, a tour of its historic castle should definitely be on your To Do list. Standing high above the city, it offers stunning views across Edinburgh and attracts over a million visitors each year. After a day of sightseeing, you can refuel in style at one of these excellent restaurants nearby.
– Angels with Bagpipes – Enjoy modern Scottish cooking at its finest at this restaurant on the Royal Mile.
– The Honours – Local produce and French flavours at Martin Wishart’s sophisticated New Town restaurant.
– Fishers in the City – Stylish but unpretentious, Fishers is perfect for a quick lunch or intimate dinner.
– The Pompadour by Galvin – French fine dining in elegant surroundings – perfect for special occasions.
– Krua Khun Mae – Craving Thai food? You’ll love the authentic flavours at this hidden gem in the Old Town.
– WHISKI Rooms Bar & Bistro – Seasonal Scottish dishes, local beers, cocktails and plenty of whisky!
– Contini Cannonball – Scottish dining with a hint of Italian heritage and fabulous views of Edinburgh Castle.
– Calistoga – Award-winning California-inspired cooking, affordable wines and plenty of choice for veggies.
– Rendezvous – A favourite with locals for over 50 years, Rendezvous is the place to go for a Chinese feast.
– Bread Street Brasserie – Try local beef, seafood and more just a stone’s throw from the castle.