It’s Afternoon Tea Week, a great excuse (if one were needed) to explore some of the best options for afternoon tea in London. There are hundreds to choose from, from five-star hotels to cosy cafés, so we’ve rounded up twenty of the best to inspire youele.
A taste of tradition…
– Traditionalists will love the elegant tea experience at the Fortnum & Mason Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon.
– Linger over scones and sandwiches while a pianist tinkles the ivories at The Savoy’s Thames Foyer.
– Head to The Rosebery in Knightsbridge for freshly baked scones and wonderful handmade pastries.
– Splash out on the Ruinart Rosé Royal Afternoon Tea in The Drawing Room at Fleming’s Mayfair.
– Indulge in tea with all the trimmings in The Hansom Lounge at the iconic St Pancras Renaissance Hotel.
Luxury for less…
– Swap fizz for a gin cocktail with the Gin & Jam afternoon tea at Hush Brasserie in Holborn or St Paul’s.
– Afternoon tea at Villandry St James’s costs just £18, including a free glass of Champagne at the weekends.
– You can scoff scones and sip Lapsang Souchong at Dean Street Townhouse for £19.50 per person.
– At the Ham Yard Hotel in Soho, tea is priced at £19.50 so you’ll have money leftover for cocktails in the bar.
– Tea at Made in Chelsea favourite, Bluebird, will set you back just £22.50, or £29.50 with Champagne.Continue Reading