Robin Gill set to open third London restaurant – Fans of The Dairy and The Manor in Clapham will be heading east this month to try chef Robin Gill’s new restaurant, Paradise Garage. It opens on Paradise Row on July 21st serving dishes like lamb rump with sweetbreads and barbequed sardines with sea greens. If you turn up a little early, you can have a pre-dinner drink at Mission or Mother Kelly’s.
London in the Sky returns this September – Diners with a head for heights can enjoy dishes cooked by top chefs whilst suspended 25 metres in the air above St Katharine Docks. Bookings are now available online for unforgettable meals cooked by Tom Aikens, Duck & Waffle’s Dan Doherty, Pont St’s Sophie Michell and more. The views across London will be hard to beat – just don’t look down!
Sienna in Dorset has reopened after a refurb from new owner, chef Marcus Wilcox. He has created a new modern British menu and hopes to maintain the Michelin star the restaurant has held since 2010. With room for just sixteen diners, we recommend booking ahead if you’re heading to Dorset this summer.
Tickets on sale for Dalston kebab cook-off – On August 1st, five London BBQ chefs will compete at Abra Kebabra – a one-off kebab cook-off at MC Motors. Tickets are £25, which includes two drinks and a kebab from each of the contestants (including Lucky Chip and Carl Clarke from Chick n’ Sours). As well as kebabs, there will be fireworks, beers from Camden Town Brewery, and Turkish-themed cocktails from local bar Rita’s.
Restaurants and bars opening soon:
– The Lockhart’s Brad McDonald will open Shotgun BBQ in Soho at the end of the summer.
– New cocktail bar and punch house, Her Majesty’s Secret Service, opens in Bristol on July 24th.
– Red’s True BBQ opens in Shoreditch next week serving killer ‘cue and their infamous donut burger.
– 29 restaurants are set to open in Manchester, including Burger & Lobster, Asha’s and Yard & Coop.
– MasterChef winner Tim Anderson opens Brixton izakaya and ramen shop, Nanban, in August.
– Corbin & King (The Wolseley, Brasserie Zedel) will open Bellanger on Islington Green this autumn.
Mazzei trades the City for Mayfair – Renowned Italian chef Francesco Mazzei will join the team at Sartoria as chef-patron when it re-launches later this year following an extensive refurbishment. This will be Mazzei’s first role since leaving L’Anima in March after seven years there as chef-patron.
Got some UK food news we should know about? Tell us on twitter or in the comments below.