Ramsay to open second Maze Grill – Gordon Ramsay is set to open a second Maze Grill restaurant on the former site of Aubergine in Chelsea, where he won his first Michelin stars. Like the original Maze Grill in Mayfair, the new restaurant will serve rare breed steaks, fish and poultry from the Josper grill.
Grillstock returns with dates in Bristol, Manchester and London – The hugely popular Grillstock BBQ and music festival has three UK dates this year – Manchester (30-31st May), Bristol (11-12th July) and, for the first time, London (5-6th September). Book your tickets early and get ready for a weekend packed with live music, craft beer, great food and their US-style King of the Grill BBQ competition.
Simon Rogan to open two new restaurants – Simon Rogan (Fera, L’Enclume) plans to open a fish restaurant on the south coast and a brasserie in Cumbria that will be similar to Mr Cooper’s, his restaurant at the Midland Hotel in Manchester.
Big Easy launches Shrimp Tuesdays – Every Tuesday from noon, Big Easy in Covent Garden will be offering two unlimited shrimp options with a slushie cocktail or brew for £19 per person. Choose from deep fried shrimp with fries, slaw and cocktail sauce, or the Southern shrimp boil – peel and eat shrimp, smoked sausage, corn on the cobb and potatoes in a classic broth. Sound like a perfect mid-week treat!
British Pie Week – If the wet weather’s got you craving comfort food, you’ll be pleased to hear that next week is British Pie Week! You can make your own or try some of London’s finest pies at The Jugged Hare, The 3 Crowns, Parlour and The Windmill (which boasts two dedicated pie rooms). If you’re near Islington, head to The Drapers Arms where 50p from every chicken and leek pie sold goes to Action Against Hunger.
Restaurants opening in London in March:
– Brindisa Tapas Kitchens are opening Morada Brindisa Asador near Piccadilly Circus.
– Vinoteca’s new King’s Cross wine bar, all-day restaurant and shop opens on March 10th.
– After the success of Ivy Market Grill, Ivy Chelsea Garden opens on the King’s Road on the 30th.
– Coming soon to the West End is The Woodstock, a Japanese pub specialising in kushiyaki skewers.
– Peruvian restaurant and bar Ceviche opens close to Old Street roundabout this month.
– Kentish Town locals can look forward to the opening of French wine bar and restaurant, Patron.
– The Refinery, a new bar-restaurant from the Drake & Morgan group, opens soon on Regent’s Place.