Top chefs’ bespoke burgers at MEATliquor – To celebrate the launch of their book, MEATliquor have teamed up with Ross Shonhan (Bone Daddies) and José Pizarro to create two unique burgers. On sale this month is Shonhan’s Super Fatty Patty – a bone marrow-infused beef patty with lemon ponzu, chilli mayo, cheese, a fried egg, mizuna leaves, yakiniku sauce and pickled red onions. Pizarro’s Iberiburger (spiced pork, Manchego cheese and aioli) goes on sale on November 24th. If you don’t fancy queuing, book a table at MEATmission or their restaurants in Brighton and Leeds.
Quaglino’s reborn – Quaglino’s has reopened in Mayfair with a stunning new look and a revamped modern European menu. The bar team has created some special cocktails to celebrate the relaunch, including a yuzu-spiked Oriental Sour and a twist on the classic Cosmo.
Kick start your weekend at Foxlow – Now the cause and cure of our future hangovers, Foxlow has started serving brunch from 11am to 3.30pm on Saturdays and Sundays. Drop in for fried chicken and waffles, sweet potato and kale hash, or the epic All Day Breakfast Burger (a sausage patty topped with bacon, tomato, mushroom, cheese and a fried egg).
A new chapter in Sussex for Tom Sellers – Following the success of Restaurant Story, chef Tom Sellers will relaunch The Lickfold Inn near Petworth later this year. The ground floor will operate as a pub, while head chef Graham Squire (ex-Trinity) will run the upstairs dining room. Locals can look forward to modern British dishes like partridge pot-au-feu and mussels with cider and lovage.
Rick Stein’s restaurant empire expands – Rick Stein has opened a seafood restaurant in Winchester serving classics like turbot hollandaise, slip sole meunière and grilled lobster. He has also taken over the Clay Quay restaurant in Porthleven, Cornwall, and plans to relaunch it later this month. It will serve sharing plates inspired by his travels like Singapore chilli crab and squid and chorizo salad.
Can you handle the heat at Hutong? – Throughout November, Hutong at The Shard is serving a Chilli Connoisseur menu to showcase the use of chilli in Chinese cuisine. Dishes include grouper in Sichuan broth, fiery soft shell crab, and lotus root in ‘ma la’ chilli sauce. Not for the faint hearted!
More restaurants opening soon in London:
– Gordon Ramsay’s Heddon Street Kitchen opens in Mayfair on November 8th.
– Richard Caring will open The Ivy Market Grill in Covent Garden in December.
– Sky Garden opens at 20 Fenchurch Street (aka the Walkie Talkie) early next year with two restaurants and a café-bar taking over levels 35-37.
– Neil Rankin (Smokehouse) is opening an egg-based restaurant in Moorgate this month.
– Jason Atherton plans to open Social Wine & Tapas in Marylebone.
– The team behind The Dairy will open The Manor, a modern bistro, on Clapham Manor Street this month. They are also opening a delicatessen next door to The Dairy in January.