With so many great menus on offer at Taste of London 2010, it’s hard to know where to start. We’ve picked five dishes that you would be mad to miss if you’re heading to Regent’s Park this weekend.
1) Sardinian fregola with seafood bottarga and lemon – an authentic Italian pasta dish from toptable diner favourite L’Anima.
2) Slow cooked beef curry with fragrant rice – a traditional rendang curry, rich with coconut milk and full of fresh spices, from Awana. Taste of Malaysia is a big part of Taste this year so look out for more Malay specialties, live cooking demos and a teh tarik bar.
3) Fresh scallops grilled on the half shell with chilli, garlic and yuzu butter – an Asian-inspired seafood dish from Atul Kochhar’s latest venture, Colony Bar & Grill. Their chicken curry sounds good too.
4) Roast belly of Middle White pork with smoked apple, watercress, shallot salad and crackling – a dish that demonstrates Trinity’s passion for British classics and impeccably sourced produce. If you’re feeling brave, try their pigs trotters on toasted bread with sauce gribiche!
5) Atari goma panna cotta, saffron poached rhubarb and pistachio praline – a unique pud from fusion food masters, The Modern Pantry.
Nothing catching your eye? Check out the rest of the menus here and get ready to eat your way around some of London’s hottest restaurants. Still need tickets? Use our discount code. Fingers crossed for sunshine!