In our ‘Where to eat near…’ series, we’re rounding up the best places to eat near some the UK’s most popular landmarks and tourist attractions. This month, we’re trading the heat of the city for breezy beachfront strolls and seaside suppers in Brighton. If you’re planning a weekend by the sea this summer, here are ten great restaurants to try while you’re there.
– The Restaurant at Drakes – Special occasion? Dine in style at this elegant hotel on the seafront.
– Food for Friends – An award-winning veggie restaurant that’s been impressing locals since 1981.
– La Marinade – OpenTable diners rave about the fresh modern Euro menu at this Kemptown gem.
– Warung Tujuh - Try classic Indonesian dishes at this authentic and affordable local favourite.
– Sam’s of Brighton – Expect first class food and friendly service at this popular family-owned bistro.
– Sabai Thai Gastrobar – Heading to the Theatre Royal? Come here first for a delicious Thai feast.
– GBI Seafood Restaurant – A stylish place to try the south coast’s freshest fish and seafood.
– Curry Leaf Café – South Indian street food and craft beer, just a stone’s throw from the beach.
– Smokey’s – A laid-back spot for an all-American brunch or BBQ blow-out. Try the slow-smoked ribs!
– The Chilli Pickle – Indian dishes with a modern twist. Visit at lunchtime for their excellent thalis.
View Where to eat near… Brighton beach in a larger map
For more inspiration, try a search on our Brighton restaurants page or ask one of our restaurant experts on Facebook or twitter. If there’s somewhere in the UK you would like us to cover in our next guide, let us know in the comments!