AA Hospitality Awards – Nathan Outlaw was named Chefs’ Chef of the Year at the prestigious AA Hospitality Awards last week. The Sticky Walnut picked up the Restaurant of the Year award for England, while Jason Atherton’s Berners Tavern was chosen as the best in London. New four rosette awards were given to restaurants including The Greenhouse, Texture, Restaurant Story, and Bohemia in Jersey. Check out the new three rosette awards on Caterer.
Street food takeovers in the City – Every Saturday in October, Busan BBQ will be serving their AmeriKorean fusion dishes in the bar at Gordon Ramsay’s Bread Street Kitchen. While international DJs hit the decks, the bar team will be mixing Korean-inspired cocktails to complement dishes like the Busan bulgogi beef burger, spicy gochujang ribs, and pork belly buns.
Looking for a new brunch hangout? Le Bun have just announced a month-long weekend residency at New Street Grill and the Old Bengal Bar near Liverpool Street station. You can drop in throughout October for decadent hangover cures like the Eggs Royale bun (poached egg, smoked salmon, spinach and citrus hollandaise), Southern fried chicken and waffles with truffle butter and shaved truffles, and their iconic Bourguignon Bun with bacon salt, truffle mayo and Champagne slaw.
Get pickled at The Well – The Well has teamed up with Buffalo Trace to transform their basement bar into a cosy hideaway specialising in vinegar-based cocktails. The Pickle Jar pop-up is open from October 1st serving picklebacks (bourbon with a pickle juice chaser) and ‘shrubs’ – quirky cocktails made with vinegar-spiked fruit syrups. Try them Martini style or as a spritz with Prosecco and soda.
Restaurants opening soon – Autumn is a busy time for restaurant openings and this year is no exception! Here are some of the newcomers we’re looking forward to trying this autumn and winter.
– American seafood chain Bubba Gump Shrimp Co opens at the Trocadero in October.
– The Fish & Chip Shop’s City branch opens near Liverpool Street on October 10th.
– Former Gaucho MD Martin Williams will launch M Restaurants near Bank this autumn. The site is split into M Grill (serving steaks), M Raw (sashimi, oysters, ceviche) and M Bar.
– Bo Drake, an East Asian BBQ restaurant, opens in Soho in November.
– Dishoom’s third and largest restaurant joins Caravan and Grain Store on Granary Square in November. Perfect for a bacon naan breakfast or cocktails after work.
Got some UK food news we should know about? Tell us on twitter.